Anakbayan is inviting you to come out to this annual “Salu-Salo” (get together picnic) at Earl Bales and share your stories.
KWENTUHAN SA EARL BALES
Saturday, June 16, 2012
Earl Bales Park, 4169 Bathurst Street (south of Sheppard Ave. West), Toronto
(Click here for map)
Through out the day, AB-T members will open up various topics that relates to Filipino Canadians. This is a totally casual storytelling meet up that depends completely on all of us sharing stories!
Some topics may include:
- “It’s More Fun in the Philippines” (Travelling and Volunteering in the Philippines, with Alex Felipe and friends)
- *Filipinos are SOOOOOOO Gay! – YAY!” (storytelling about growing up LGBT in a Filipino pamilya and how community lovee can sav your life, with Jo SiMalaya Alcampo and friends)
- “Na-Shock Ako” (Stories about migrating to Canada, with Rhea Gamana and friends)
- “Fobs vs Bacons vs Jesson” (About the little differences sometimes keep us apart, with Jesson Reyes and friends)
- “WTF?!?!” (Balikbayan stories. Share your experiences from trips to the Philippines!)
- “You’re Dating Who?” (Talking about Interracial relationships, with Michelle Cruz and friends.)
- Questions about immigration? Ask Migrante-Canada
Look for the ANAKBAYAN Toronto Flag (red/yellow) FREE FOR ALL or contact 647-219-4728.
Earl Bales Park, Sheppard & Bathurst, Toronto
SEE YOU THERE!!